What's Happening Right Now: FITNESS LEAGUE REGISTRATION
Registration begins July 24th and ends August 10th @ 5 PM
NUVITA FITNESS LEAGUE IN A NUTSHELL
- Form a team of 5-10 players. American Asphalt employees and spouses
- Each player gets a heart rate monitor to know they’re in their personal heart rate zone
- Every minute in the zone is a point for your team
- 225 minute (point) cap per player per week during regular season
- Play a different team each week
- Teams with best WIN-LOSS-TIE record for the 7 week regular season win
- 8th week is the Cardio Bowl – all teams play all teams with no cap
- For all the detailed rules click here or scroll down and watch the videos below
It is a player's responsibility to understand how Fitness League works and to know the rules.
For 2017, we have many interesting options to improve your health and well being. Simply complete any three of the four challenges to earn your incentive.
CHALLENGE 1 CLEAN EATING + CARDIO APRIL 17-MAY 28
CHALLENGE 2 MINDFULNESS JUNE 12-AUG 6
CHALLENGE 3 FITNESS LEAGUE AUG 14-OCT 8
CHALLENGE 4 WEIGHT LOSS + CARDIO OCT 9-NOV 19
Employees must complete any 3 of the 4 challenges participating at 70% or better during 2017
Employees who meet the incentive (3 of 4) will receive a discount of $10/week off their medical insurance
Spouses who participate and meet the incentive will receive an additional $10/week off their combined medical insurance
New employees will be required to complete two challenges, or the maximum number of remaining challenges after their start date
HEART RATE MONITOR OPTIONS
Garmin Vivosmart HR
- Heart rate measured on wrist (no chest strap required)
- Smartphone notifications (call, text, email)
- $25 for employees on health plan
- $25 for spouses on health plan
- $150 for spouses not on health plan
YOUR CHALLENGES EXPLAINED
CLEAN EATING + CARDIO
Clean eating does not mean eating Oreos while mopping your floors. Clean eating means getting back to the simple way of eating with a focus on high quality foods. It isn't about perfection, it's about eating more foods that move you toward good health. In this 6 week challenge, you will focus on getting quality cardio exercise and learn a simple way to approach a clean eating plan. We will provide you with lots of meal planning tips, resources, and recipes.
Weight Loss + Cardio:
This 6 week challenge is not for the sake of weight loss alone. The most successful weight losers approach weight loss from a holistic approach. In this 6 week challenge, you will focus on getting quality cardio exercise and be educated on best strategies to manage weight and create a healthier relationship with food, 5 reasons why calorie counting doesn't work, and that sleep and muscle are the keys to efficient weight management. Join Nuvita's Weight Loss Challenge and become a successful loser.
mindfulness Fitness league:
Are you MIND FULL or MINDFUL? Most of us have minds that are full of useless information, long to do lists, and worry from the past and what is to come in the future. This causes us to lose sight of the present and never experience life as it is intended to be experienced. Mindfulness teaches the skills of being able to control and direct your mind to the present, which reduces stress and anxiety and makes us more focused, productive and appreciative of our lives. Don’t miss out on this 8 week course that will change your life forever.
Fitness League is a fun and competitive program where you form a team. Your team will play other teams week to week where for each minute of time you get in your heart rate zone you get 1 point for for your team. With a season schedule, win-loss record and always plenty of friendly competition, it is fantasy fitness at it's finest because you get all the real rewards of fitness while having a blast.
During all of your Nuvita Challenges, you have access to Nuvita coaches. Schedule appointments with them or send them messages to get the professional support you need to be successful.
- Schedule up to 3 appointments with a coach by phone or video chat - click here to schedule or click the schedule link in your app on or the website
- Set goals and discuss strategies
- Get professional guidance on exercise and nutrition
- Schedule with a dietitian or excercise physiologist
If you need technical support, you have options.
LEARN ABOUT FITNESS LEAGUE
Removal of a team member
Nuvita programs have the primary goal to motivate and inspire participants to be a better version of themselves. We recognize this is different for each person. When it comes to competitive Nuvita programs, the primary goal is to motivate and inspire participants through friendly competition, not for the sake of competition itself. Nuvita encourages all participants to embrace this philosophy and seek opportunities to motivate and inspire those around them, especially co-workers.
Team members cannot be removed from your team once the competition has begun except in the event of a medical condition, a hardship beyond their control, or from their voluntary withdrawal from the program. Team members cannot be kicked off your team, even due to low participation. If team members are removed for any of the qualifying circumstances, removal of a member will not change scores of past weeks already finalized.
Manual Credit for Time In Zone
Manual credit for exercise time in heart rate zones is reserved for technical failures and non-routine extenuating circumstances only. The following are examples of when manual credit would be warranted.
- Technical issues with the cardio monitor or web portal that prevented downloading of cardio minutes.
- Dead batteries may be included as a technical issue, but not multiple incidents of dead batteries
Examples where manual credit is not warranted include:
- User error—user does not understand how to properly use the equipment
- Participants forgot their cardio monitors.
- Participants lost their cardio monitor
- Participants accidentally turned off their monitors.
- Participant is on vacation, sick or traveling for business reasons and don’t have their monitors with them.
For complete details of the Nuvita manual credit policy, click here.
Participants may experience hardships (injury, illness, etc.) after starting their Nuvita programs that impair their abilities to complete their programs as originally designed, for some period during their programs or for the duration of their programs.
Nuvita professionals will modify participants’ programs in order to allow participants’ to continue to use the heart rate monitor during the hardship period. Heart rate zones will be set at a level that is achievable during the hardship, even if that level requires the zones be set to resting levels. Hardship status does not remove the requirement to use the heart rate monitor and record the achievable physical activity.
Validation from a physician in writing is required to be placed on hardship.
It is the responsibility of the participant to notify their coach AS SOON AS POSSIBLE at the onset of the hardship. Failure to notify the coach in a timely manner may result in not receiving credit retroactively.