Registration begins July 10th and ends Aug 4th.
Before registering as a Captain, you need to know the email addresses of the people who will be on your team.
If registering as a player, you must have a team. You cannot register as an indpenedent player.
NUVITA FITNESS LEAGUE IN A NUTSHELL
- Form a team of 5-10 players. CABQ employees, spouses, and domestic partners only – open to first 380 who register
- Each player gets a heart rate monitor to know they’re in their personal heart rate zone
- Every minute in the zone is a point for your team
- 225 minute (point) cap per player per week during regular season
- Play a different team each week
- Teams with best WIN-LOSS-TIE record for the 7 week regular season win
- 8th week is the Cardio Bowl – all teams play all teams with no cap
- Win prizes
- For all the detailed rules click here or scroll down and watch the videos below.
- It is a player's responsibility to understand how Fitness League works and to know the rules.
HEART RATE MONITOR OPTIONS
This is informational only. You will make your heart rate monitor selection during registration.
Garmin Vivosmart HR
- Heart rate measured on wrist (no chest strap required)
- Smartphone notifications (call, text, email)
- Sync through Garmin Connect app on your phone or PC
- $60 UPGRADE FEE PAYABLE TO NUVITA AT TIME OF SIGN UP
- You can use a Garmin VivoSmart HR from a previous Nuvita program if you have one
Nuvita Bluetooth Monitor
- Connects via Bluetooth to Nuvita app on your phone
- EKG Accurate chest strap
- Very simple to setup and begin using
- Rich feedback on screen
- Instant saving of exercise data
- NO COST TO YOU
- You can use a Nuvita Bluetooth Monitor from a previous Nuvita program if you have one
- Sync heart rate data from Apple Health Kit to mynuvita app.
- You must provide your own Apple watch for this option. Nuvita nor the City of ABQ provides Apple Watches.
- May not be the most accurate monitor for high intensity activities.
No other monitors are compatible with the Nuvita platform
SCREENING AND HEART RATE MONITOR PICK UP
Screenings will be held Aug 15-17 at the ABQ Convention Center Anasazi Room. You must schedule your appointment.
- See your BEFORE and AFTER results
- Measurement of weight, body-fat, and waist circumference
- It will only take 10 minutes
- Pick up your heart rate monitor
- Get measured again at the end of the Fitness League so you can see how much progress you have made.
- If you haven’t scheduled, CLICK HERE
Prizes will be awarded to:
- First 45 captains who form a complete team will receive a $25 Amazon gift card
- Each member of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams for the regular season (weeks 1-7)
- Each member of the 1st place team for the Cardio Bowl (week 8)
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place individual cardio stars (most minutes in/above zone) during regular season
- Those completing 3 coaching sessions during the Fitness League (from July 10 - Oct 15) will be entered in a drawing for 1 of 8 $25 gift cards from Trader Joe's
- Click here to see all prizes
During the Fitness League (July 10-Oct 15) you have access to Nuvita coaches. Schedule appointments with them or send them messages to get the professional support you need to be successful.
- Schedule up to 3 appointments with a coach by phone or video chat - click here to schedule or click the schedule link in your app on or the website
- Set goals and discuss strategies
- Get professional guidance on exercise and nutrition
- Schedule with a dietitian or excercise physiologist
If you are using the Garmin Vivosmart or Apple watch, here is how to get started.
STEP 1: Download the mynuvita app to your phone. Just search the store for Nuvita and look for the app that looks like this. (Nuvita has multiple apps so pay attention to get the right one)
STEP 2: Click these links to read the instructions on how to setup your Garmin Vivosmart. You can setup up to your smartphone with these links: Setup Garmin Vivosmart with Smartphone, Garmin Vivosmart Basic Functions,
If you are using the Nuvita Bluetooth Monitor, here is how to get started.
STEP 1: Download the mynuvita app and the Nuvita Cardio 2 app to your phone. You need BOTH. Just search the store for Nuvita and look for the apps that look like this. (Nuvita has multiple apps so pay attention to get the right one)
If you are not a SmartPhone user or prefer to use a computer, go to mynuvita.com and login.
LEARN ABOUT FITNESS LEAGUE
Removal of a team member
Nuvita programs have the primary goal to motivate and inspire participants to be a better version of themselves. We recognize this is different for each person. When it comes to competitive Nuvita programs, the primary goal is to motivate and inspire participants through friendly competition, not for the sake of competition itself. Nuvita and the City of Albuquerque encourage all participants to embrace this philosophy and seek opportunities to motivate and inspire those around them, especially co-workers.
Team members cannot be removed from your team once the competition has begun except in the event of a medical condition, a hardship beyond their control, or from their voluntary withdrawal from the program. Team members cannot be kicked off your team, even due to low participation. If team members are removed for any of the qualifying circumstances, removal of a member will not change scores of past weeks already finalized.
The City of Albuquerque will not tolerate harassment, bullying, or the intimidation of other employees. Any instances of such will be dealt with by the City of Albuquerque Human Resources in accordance with City policy.
Manual Credit for Time In Zone
Manual credit for exercise time in heart rate zones is reserved for technical failures and non-routine extenuating circumstances only. The following are examples of when manual credit would be warranted.
- Technical issues with the cardio monitor or web portal that prevented downloading of cardio minutes.
- Dead batteries may be included as a technical issue, but not multiple incidents of dead batteries
Examples where manual credit is not warranted include:
- User error—user does not understand how to properly use the equipment
- Participants forgot their cardio monitors.
- Participants lost their cardio monitor
- Participants accidentally turned off their monitors.
- Participant is on vacation, sick or traveling for business reasons and don’t have their monitors with them.
For complete details of the Nuvita manual credit policy, click here.