A SMART SNACKER YOU ARE!
Snacking is not a required piece of the eating well puzzle, but if you snack smart, it can make a huge difference in how you eat at meal times and in your health and weight management goals.
- To improve your awareness about the when, why and what of your snacking habits
- Challenge yourself to use a hunger scale before you snack to assess if you are truly hungry
- Learn and build the skill of being a snack jedi
HERE IS HOW YOU PLAY
1. Watch the video above that will give you simple tips for snacking smart.
2. Take a picture of all of your snacks in the Nuvita CorSync app for the next two weeks so you and your coach can see your snack story. Aim for 70% of your snack choices ranked as a green thumb. Remember, consistently good is better than occasionally perfect.
3. Check out these Clean Eating Snacks that will give you ideas for a variety of snacks that include protein, fiber and healthy fats.
4. Use this Hunger Scale before snacking and aim to snack only when you are truly hungry. It is ok if you aren't perfect, no one is! If you are not normally a snacker, but are noticing that you are arriving at your meals very low on this hunger scale, then experiment with a high quality and balanced snack! The idea is to do just a little bit better than your norm and minimize the mindless snacking that gets the best of us sometimes (those peanut m&m's and chips are tempting little things!)