SIGN UP FOR THE LIVE HAPPY + CARDIO CHALLENGE
STARTING MAY 7th
For 2018, we created many new and interesting options to improve your health and well being. Simply complete two challenges in the first period and two challenges in the second period to earn your incentive.
INCENTIVE PERIOD 1
CHALLENGE 1 Simplify Your Life + Cardio February 5 - March 18 6 weeks
CHALLENGE 2 Yoga + Cardio March 26 - April 29 5 weeks
CHALLENGE 3 Live Happy + Cardio May 7- June 10 5 weeks
Employees must complete 2 of these 3 challenges of their choice in first half of 2018
INCENTIVE PERIOD 2
CHALLENGE 4 Pay It Forward + Cardio July 16 - August 26 6 weeks
CHALLENGE 5 Sweet Life + Cardio September 3 - October 7 5 weeks
CHALLENGE 6 Holiday + Cardio October 15 - November 18 5 weeks
Employees must complete 2 of these 3 challenges of their choice in second half of 2018
In order to meet the first premium incentive period:
• Complete 2 challenges (70%+) prior to July 1, 2018
• Employees who do not complete 2 challenges will have their premium adjusted beginning July 1
In order to meet the second premium incentive period:
For employees who met the first incentive:
• Complete 2 additional challenges before the end of the year
• Employees who do not complete the 2 additional challenges will have their premium adjusted beginning January 1, 2019
For employees who did not meet the first incentive:
• Employees who complete a total of 4 challenges in the first and second period will earn back the incentive beginning January 1, 2019.
SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE + CARDIO
YOGA + CARDIO
LIVE HAPPY + CARDIO
Our lives can get hectic. Lots of commitments, lots of things we want to do and lots to keep up with. It’s no wonder many of us become overwhelmed. Simplifying our lives can help us combat these feelings and improve our overall sense of wellbeing. However, living a simpler life in, what can be, a complex world takes some clever intentional action. This program will guide you on a simpler way.
Stretch and grow yourself physically and mentally. In Sanskrit, Yoga means ‘to join” or ‘connection’. This 6 week challenge is focused on helping you be better connected to your own body by learning the basics of yoga breath and exercises. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals who have wanted to commit yoga, but did not know where to start. With the help of weekly yoga videos and lessons, you will improve your strength, balance, flexibility and reducing your stress. It is time to stretch into your best self.
The formula most people are applying to find happiness is this: If you work hard, you will become successful, and once you become successful, THEN you’ll be happy. This thinking is what motivates us: If I just make good grades, lose that weight, get that promotion, or retire, THEN I will be happy. Success first, happiness second. This formula not only doesn't work it is absolutely flawed. It’s backwards! The emerging science of positive psychology and advances in neuroscience prove with simple yet very effective techniques you can increase happiness now and be more successful in all areas of your life.
pay it forward + cardio sweet life +Cardio holiday + cardio
Give the Gift of Health to someone you know. When we share the gifts we receive with others, it builds community and reinforces to ourselves the value of playing an active role in our own health. Recognize what benefits of health you have received this year and share it with others. This program will provide ideas and resources for Paying the Gift of Health Forward.
Sugars are everywhere. Lurching in the corners, trying to thwart your healthy habits and all the hard work you've put toward your healthy lifestyle. Join Nuvita's Sweet Life Challenge and get on with Livin' the Sweet Life. In this 6 week challenge, you will focus on getting quality cardio exercise and be educated on the health impacts of excessive sugar consumption both inside and out, hidden sources of sugar and practical ways to have a better relationship with sugar.
From Halloween until New Year’s Eve, life seems to be a series of eating sessions and too much time hibernating indoors. We want to help you enjoy the Holiday Season while staying in tune with your health goals. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are just a day each. Let’s not let your Hol-I-Day eating and limited movement turn into a Hol-i-Week or Hol-i-Month!
Garmin Vivosmart HR
- Heart rate measured on wrist (no chest strap required)
- Smartphone notifications (call, text, email)
- $180 - Employees can upgrade to a new device and will pay for that device through payroll deduction over 5 payroll cycles.
- SECU will pay up to $90 for devices for new employees.
- Chest strap with EKG accuracy
- Smartphone compatible (iPhone, Android)
- $90 - Employees can upgrade to a new device and will pay for that device through payroll deduction over 5 payroll cycles.
SECU will pay up to $90 for devices for new employees.
If you are using the Garmin Vivosmart or Apple watch, here is how to get started.
STEP 1: Download the mynuvita app to your phone. Just search the store for Nuvita and look for the app that looks like this. (Nuvita has multiple apps so pay attention to get the right one)
STEP 2: Click these links to read the instructions on how to setup your Garmin Vivosmart. You can setup up to your smartphone with these links: Setup Garmin Vivosmart with Smartphone, Garmin Vivosmart Basic Functions,
If you are using the Nuvita Bluetooth Monitor, here is how to get started.
STEP 1: Download the mynuvita app and the Nuvita Cardio 2 app to your phone. You need BOTH. Just search the store for Nuvita and look for the apps that look like this. (Nuvita has multiple apps so pay attention to get the right one)
During any of your challenges you have access to Nuvita coaches. Schedule appointments with them or send them messages to get the professional support you need to be successful.
- Schedule appointments with a coach by phone or video chat - click here to schedule or click the schedule link in your app on or the website
- Set goals and discuss strategies
- Get professional guidance on exercise and nutrition
- Schedule with a dietitian or excercise physiologist
HEART RATE SETTINGS POLICY
Regular physical activity is known to produce health benefits and decrease the risk of disease. Heart rate is the best metric to ensure the physical activity is of adequate intensity and duration to produce the desired benefits. Intensity and duration have an inverse relationship. As intensity goes up, duration will need to go down and vice versa. In addition, the same inverse relationship can be used to get the desired benefits while being adjusted to meet the personal abilities and time constraints of participants.
In order to maintain a standard that produces personal health benefits and supports the initiatives that SECU has for improving the health risks for employees, the following options for heart rate settings are available to participants:
- 65-75% of your max heart rate with a weekly goal of 90 minutes in and above your zone
- 70-80% of your max heart rate with a weekly goal of 75 minutes in and above your zone
- 75-85% of your max heart rate with a weekly goal of 45 minutes in and above your zone
At the time of registration for EACH challenge, participants can choose the setting that best fits their personal abilities and commitment to being active. They may change their settings to any one of the three options at any time by contacting their coach.
MANUAL CREDIT FOR TIME IN ZONE
Manual credit for exercise time in heart rate zones is reserved for technical failures and non-routine extenuating circumstances only. The following are examples of when manual credit would be warranted:
- Technical issues with the cardio monitor or the Nuvita platform that prevented downloading of cardio minutes.
- Dead batteries may be included as a technical issue, but not multiple incidents of dead batteries
Examples where manual credit is not warranted include:
- User error—user does not understand how to properly use the equipment
- Participants forgot their cardio monitors
- Participants lost their cardio monitor
- Participants accidentally turned off their monitors
- Participant is on vacation, sick or traveling for business reasons and don’t have their monitors with them
- Participants wish to use a device that is non-compatible with Nuvita platform
- Current compatible devices include Nuvita Bluetooth monitor, Garmin VivoSmart HR, and Apple Watch
In the event of a technical failure it is the participant’s responsibility to contact Nuvita technical support as soon as possible when the failure occurs. Technical support must validate a technical failure has occurred before manual credit will be given.
Participants may experience hardships (injury, illness, etc.) after starting their Nuvita programs that impair their abilities to complete their programs as originally designed, for some period during their programs or for the duration of their programs.
Nuvita professionals will modify participants’ programs in order to allow participants’ to continue to use the heart rate monitor during the hardship period. Heart rate zones will be set at a level that is achievable during the hardship, even if that level requires the zones be set to resting levels. Hardship status does not remove the requirement to use the heart rate monitor and record the achievable physical activity.
Validation from a physician in writing is required to be placed on hardship. Hardship forms can be downloaded by clicking here.
It is the responsibility of the participant to notify their coach AS SOON AS POSSIBLE at the onset of the hardship. Failure to notify the coach in a timely manner may result in not receiving credit retroactively.